Top 10 Must-attend Events for Event Planners in 2020
2020 Events You Can’t Miss If You’re an Events Professional
2020 is expected to be a year of great challenges in the events industry, and at Scarlett Entertainment we’re looking forward to facing them together with you. Excited about what the new year brings with it, as entertainment and events professionals we can’t wait to see some new and familiar faces at some event planning trade fairs this year. Wondering which ones to attend? Keep reading!
Always working hard to make your life easier, we have created a list of the must-attend events for event planners in 2020. Make sure you create a bookmark on your browser and keep the below listing at hand so you can check it throughout the year.
Save the Date for these 10 Event Planning Trade Fairs and Events in 2020
1.The Special Event (co-located with Catersource Tradeshow)
The Special Event has always been the meeting and event industry’s destination for innovation and inspiration. Bringing together event planners, producers, designers, caterers, chefs, business owners, event marketers, sales and business operations teams, this three-day event will be held in Vegas in March 2020.
Divided into three different sections, event professionals will be able to attend conferences, do some networking and exhibit at the Catersource tradeshow and also enjoy different sponsored events, activities, after-parties and awards ceremonies!
Expecting to welcome 4,000+ event colleagues, this is a perfect opportunity for anyone in the event industry to connect with other professionals, find new and exciting providers and share their product and services with potential clients. All in all, these are expected to be impactful days of learning, networking, sourcing and fun!
You can register for Catersource and the Special Event here.
- When: March 9-12, 2020
- Where: Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas (USA)
- Also note…: If you’re in Asia or the Middle East, you will also have the opportunity to attend this fabulous event! The Special Event Asia will take place on November 18-19, 2020 and the Special Event Middle East will be held at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai on 17 - 18 June, 2020.
The UK’s leading exhibition for event organisers, the International Confex creates a space for event professionals that allows them to support, inspire and drive the events industry forward.
Offering interesting seminar programmes run by events experts, this popular exhibition encourages attendees to explore new and different ways to increase visitor engagement and conversion at events and provide them with the opportunity to experience different entertainment options such as VR games, which we particularly love!
If you’re based in London or planning to visit the English capital next February, we highly recommend you to register (for free!) and attend this long-awaited exhibition. Allowing event professionals to immerse in the heart of the industry, you can join over 300 exhibitors, over 100 speakers and over 7,000+ attendees.
- When: February 25-26, 2020
- Where: Excel, London (UK)
- Also note…: Whether you’re a student, a media outlet aiming to cover this event or simply a visitor interested in the latest event industry trends, you can register for a FREE ticket!
Organised by IMEX Group, this international exhibition helps professionals in the global meetings industry to make important connections. IMEX is a space where event professionals can meet and share their knowledge and expertise twice a year. In 2020, Frankfurt and Las Vegas will welcome over 12,000+ visitors and exhibitors.
The best platform to do great business, IMEX is the go-to exhibition for those event planners looking to expand horizons, learn something different and innovate. The place to build powerful working relationships, if you’re visiting Germany or Vegas in May and September respectively, it’s worth visiting Messe Frankfurt and Sands Expo to share ideas, discover new tools and learn new skills!
- When: Frankfurt, 12-14 May 2020 and Las Vegas, September 15-17 September, 2020
- Where: Messe Frankfurt (Germany) and Sands Expo, Las Vegas (USA)
- Also note…: IMEX talking point for 2020 and 2021 is Nature, a topic closely linked to innovation and sustainability. Questions such as ‘what can we do for Nature?’, ‘What can Nature do for us?’ will be discussed and you can also expect to hear some fascinating insights from architects, planners and designers.
The rise of experiential marketing in the last few years has led to the emergence of Experiential Marketing Summit, a training conference where over 800 marketers from all over the world discuss and learn about emerging trends and best practices. A must-attend conference for those event planners specialising in brand experiences at events, expect to hear some of the biggest case studies and make interesting connections with leading event agencies, tradeshow organisers, event strategists, experience designers, event technology gurus, etc.
Proud to offer different passes for different levels and budgets, this marketing summit gives attendees the chance to do tons of networking, offering happy hours, fitness classes, off-site field trips, dinners, concerts and much more!
- When: 11-13 May, 2020
- Where: McCormick Place, Chicago (USA)
- Also note…: You can expect to share space with the heads of experiential and event marketing from Pepsi, Uber, Under Armour, Samsung, Facebook and other big brands. On top of that, you can enjoy breakout sessions, Q&As, masterclasses, power panels and keynotes. All in all, a well-rounded and comprehensive educational experience.
5. IBTM World
Defined as the leading global event for the meetings and events industry, IBTM World’s main goal is to inspire events professionals to deliver unique and exceptional experiences. For over three decades, this massive conference has been the place to establish long-lasting business connections and the space to discover new ideas to create extraordinary events for your customers.
Bringing together more than 15,000 professionals and over 3,000 suppliers under one roof, every year IBTM World welcomes thousands of creative brains from all corners of the planet. Known for the quality of its hosted buyers and the representation from large worldwide corporations such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch or Gucci, IBTM World owes its success to its comprehensive programme where attendees gain knowledge that adds real value to their business. Without any doubt, one of the 2020 events you can’t miss!
- When: 1-3 December, 2020
- Where: Fira de Barcelona (Spain)
- Also note…: Looking for trade shows and exhibitions nearer you? IBTM gives you four different alternatives. IBTM exhibitions will also be taking place in China (Beijing, August 26-27), America (Mexico City, May 27-28), Africa (Cape Town, 6-8 April) and Asia Pacific (Singapore, 6-8 April).
The Asia Pacific Incentives Meetings Event (AIME) is the leading trade event for the meetings and event industry in the Asia Pacific region. A space where decision-makers meet and connect, AIME it’s the go-to event for those professionals looking to do business across the Asia Pacific region.
An environment that promotes networking, knowledge, community and commerce, this three-day conference and exhibition allow exhibitors and visitors to expand their knowledge, connect with professionals in the industry, find inspiration on the show floor and, most importantly, do business!
- When: February 17-19, 2020
- Where: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (Australia)
- Also note…: Among the various experts and keynote speakers participating in AIME 2020, you can expect to see our very own Australian Female Speed Painter. Interested in attending this event? You can register here.
A space where Latin American event professionals can meet and do business once a year, FIEXPO Latinoamerica is the must-attend event for event planners in that part of the world.
Meet Professional Associations, Executives of Incentive Agencies, Meeting Planners and Corporate Events Organisers from the USA, Canada, Europe and, of course, Latin America.
Well-known for being the benchmark event planning trade fair in Latin America, this important convention offers a wide variety of business meetings and also training and networking sessions. This year, the astonishingly beautiful walled old town of Cartagena de Indias, in the Caribbean coast, will be the host city of this key event for Latin American event professionals.
- When: 8-10 June, 2020
- Where: Cartagena de Indias (Colombia)
- Also note…: If you enter the Hosted Buyer programme, you will have the possibility to meet the most important suppliers of Latin America in one place and arrange meetings of interest; access training seminars; attend exclusive social events; enjoy post-event tours to personally meet the infrastructure of various cities, among others.
Providing event professionals with the opportunity to network with over 3,000 decision-makers and industry leaders at this three-day conference in New York City, the Event Planner Expo is the must-attend conference in the East Coast. Meet Marketing Directors, CEOs and other business leaders and explore the best venues and services in the events industry.
Kicking off with the opening party at Spin New York, a Speaker Series takes place during the second day and an exhibitor hall is set up for exhibitors and visitors to connect at the Metropolitan Pavilion on the last day.
- When: 13-15 October, 2020
- Where: New York City
- Also note…: The ideal scenario to take your business to the next level, attending an event of these dimensions in the big apple could be crucial for your business. Make sure you gain unparalleled exposure, connect with potential clients, and close deals on the spot!
9. Wedding MBA
Are you a wedding planner? Then Wedding MBA is the must-attend event for you in 2020. Welcoming 5,500 attendees, 180 exhibitors, and over 120 educational seminars, if you’re a wedding professional make sure you save the below date in your calendar.
A conference where you can discover the latest trends, explore technology and learn from other experts, at Wedding MBA you will meet officiants, entertainers, caterers, photographers, designers, florists, videographers, beauty and make-up professionals and specialists of different fields who you can establish long-term working relationships with.
- When: 17-19 November, 2020
- Where: Las Vegas Convention Centre (USA)
- Also note…: The wide range of seminars Wedding MBA offers is one of our favourite things about this event. Delivered by prestigious experts, you will not only learn and explore style and trends, but also how to market your business with branding, copywriting and other digital marketing techniques.
10. Evento Days
The annual event providers, buyers and event planners are called to attend in Spain, along with IBTM World, Evento Days offer event professionals a great platform to catch up, do business, share experiences and build working relationships.
In contrast to IBTM World, Evento Days is organised by a Spanish media group, the main one dedicated to the events sector in the country. Founded in the year 2000, Grupo Eventoplus has experienced major growth and has consolidated Evento Days as a benchmark event in the events industry in Spain. The 14th edition will take place next July 1-2, 2020 at IFEMA, Madrid.
- When: 1-2 July, 2020
- Where: IFEMA Madrid (Spain)
- Also note…: In a year where environmental causes are more relevant than ever before, we love recommending you events committed to the environment. Grupo Eventoplus takes into consideration the carbon footprint and makes up for it by making a significant contribution to an environmental cause. This year, they’re contributing to the conservation of the Amazon rainforest in Madre de Dios (Peru).
Spread the Word. See You There!
If any of the above events sounds like the perfect trade fair for you or any of your colleagues to attend, then make sure you spread the word by sharing this list!
Have you already registered for any of them? Will you be attending any of the above events as a visitor, student or press? Let us know your plans and hopefully see you over the course of the year at some of them!